Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cabin Fever

Living here in Arizona has its challenges - namely June July & August! These months are killer, and we all suffer from a little cabin fever.



Here are a few inside moments from the last few weeks.


We were re-arranging Emmy's bedroom due to a rain leak from the huge monsoon storm. We pulled out the bassinet, and she decided it made a great bed. She has also been climbing in and out of cardboard boxes with her blankets and toys. She thinks its a great hiding spot.



Emmy loves to read. I recently bought a basket of book fair books at a charity silent auction. She has read just about all of them, and just loves all the new books. She pulled out this book last week, and began to dance around the house with it call it the 'LIN book' (Layn book).



At first I thought she was trying to say alien, so I asked her. She gave me a blank stare when I asked, I didn't think she knew what an alien was. Then I asked her who she thought this was again. She replied 'lin' (Layn), and i repeated, Uncle Layn? 'Yeah!' she replied.

She is silly, I don't see any resemblance between Layn and this alien, do you?


Dan and I still don't see the resemblance, we love you Layn!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

with the candy cane striped nose and pointy ears I definitely see some resemblance. Emmy is too funny.

Kelly said...

hahahaha... that is so great

derrick said...

kids say the funniest things! Emmy you are so cute.

Amber said...

That is so funny! Amazing how they live in their own little worlds and make their own crazy comparisons. That is what I love about watching them grow. They say and do some of the most outrageous and hilarious things!