Monday, January 5, 2009

A big two year old!


Emmy's birthday was lots of fun this year. We had been talking the day up for a week or so. She knew exactly what she wanted! First thing out of her mouth when she woke up in the morning was 'Emmy's birfday, I wear Sunshine and have Manny cake!' She loves her Little Miss Sunshine shirt so much, and my mom was making her a Manny cake, and he is her favorite. So we ate breakfast, put on her Sunshine shirt, and asked her what she wanted to do! At first all she wanted was to stay home, play with Daddy, and watch cartoons. So we stayed home until nap time.
After nap time we asked her what she wanted to do. She wanted to get a fruit smoothie and play at the mall playground. So we went to the mall to do just that! Dan and I just sat and watched her play. She loves to play around and with other kids. She has so much fun at the mall playground, despite the chaos that is there!!! After her fruit smoothie, we headed home and then to Aunt Celeste's for her birthday party. Our house is so small, we are so happy that Aunt Celeste offered to have the dinner and cake and ice cream at her house, thank you!!!
We ate Emmy's favorite dinner, Cafe Rio Salads, and then opened presents. She got great gifts from everyone, and loves all her toys especially this baby doll from Celeste, Ty and Layn (her first). She loves the doll, and is constantly trying to 'change the bum' on her doll.
After presents we had cake and ice cream. Emmy was in love with her Manny cake, as you can see by her giving kisses to him. She loves anything to do with Manny. I think its so funny, you can't find any girl stuff with Handy Manny on it! Thank you Mamaw for the great cake!

Emmy had a great birthday. Thanks to all who helped make the day special. I can't believe she's two. Its amazing to me how fast these first two years have flown by! They become toddlers so fast, and lose the baby-ness about them! She is still so much fun though, I wouldn't trade it or go back! We love you Emmy.

14 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Emmy! I know she seems so big now, but just wait until the new baby arrives. She will look like a giant and seem to transform from baby to big girl overnight. How are you feeling by the way?

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Emmy! The cake is awesome! You are really talented!

Kathi said...

Seriously she is so cute! I love the cake, your mom is a pro! I think that between your parents and your brothers and sisters you guys know how to do just about everything, you could sustain a small country just with the Bently family...:). Let's get together this week, Thursday or Friday maybe?

sarahtuckett said...

She is just so cute!!!!! We love her, and love the cake.... Maybe your mom will make me a loreli gilmore cake on my birthday.

sarahtuckett said...

She is just so cute!!!!! We love her, and love the cake.... Maybe your mom will make me a loreli gilmore cake on my birthday.

Shelly said...

Happy birthday Emmy! She is such a cutie! Hope all your holidays were wonderful. Call me...we should get together sometime.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emmy!

Celeste said...

Ty still sometimes talks about Emmy and her Handy Manny b-day cake. You think he would talk about his own too since it was just a few weeks prior to hers. But no, Emmy's b-day is more exciting!

We're glad she loves her babydoll. I'm glad I decided to get it for her!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Love it--love that girl! Fun to see them grow up even if it is from a website ;) Hugs to all. Hope you are feeling okay--talk to ya soon

derrick said...

Emmy is a cutie! I love that she knows exactly what she wants...just like her mama.

Blake and Alisa said...

ohhh...i can't believe how cute she is. every picture is just better. hummm....maybe we can hook her and ben up in about 19 years. sounds good to me!i'm all about arranged marriages. hope you're feeling good.

The Taylors said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe she's 2 already! Sounds like you had a super fun day! How are you feeling?

Tawnya said...

what a fun birthday. Emmy is so cute, I couldn't get over her when I saw her at Celeste's shower. What a doll.
Speaking of shower... can I get the recipes for the salad and the spinach dip - they were awesome!!

Celeste said...

Um yeah, its been over a month. I think its time for you to post something new! Or are you waiting until next week when you find out the gender?!