Monday, May 5, 2008

Anyone for a SWIM???


Lately we have been swimming in PaPaw and MaMaws pool, and Emmy loves it! She has so much fun singing fishy songs and splashing and kicking in the water. It will definitely be something we keep doing often for the summer.



Last week she finally started wearing clothes the next size up. She is a bit of a little girl, in that she is 17 months old and just over 20 pounds! But she finally can wear some of the clothes she got for her birthday. Here are her cutest pajamas (thank you Nanny and Great Grams). She is modeling them so well, you'd think she was on a runway!



Mommy finally painted Emmy's toes again too! Emmy went to Ulta with me one day and picked out a bottle of nail polish, and so we had to paint her toes!



Here is Emmy all ready for church, and she is sporting Mommy's heels! The black and white polka dots almost match - nice try cutie!


And we can't leave out the picture of Emmy in Mommy's Shox, with her 'pretty' necklace on. She is all dressed up with no party to go to!

This is the last week of finals, yeah! Dan is almost done with all his tests and his studio presentation, and then its just a waiting game to see if he gets into the graphic design program. Me, I am just hanging in there between the late nights of work and the days playing with Emmy. Sometimes I am feeling out of balance a little, but I know its only for a short time. Soon enough the summer will be long gone and we will be back to life as normal. Someday when school is done for Dan and we have a real job with actual income, it will be a weird feeling I think! I can't imagine life without student loans etc. but I also can't wait to get there! I plan to enjoy every stage we are in, poor students is just the stage for now, and we aren't perfect, but we are making the most of every day!

15 comments:

Shelly said...

You should totally call me anytime! Lunch sounds good, if there is a cooler day anytime soon we should invite Celeste and Christy along and take the kids to the zoo or something fun! Love the shoes Emmy! Shelly

Katie Wells said...

Emmy is adorable. I agree with you that Olivia and Emmy seem a lot alike. And it's funny too cause Olivia has always been a bit smaller like Emmy. She's still wearing her winter clothes from last year (the weather is cooler here right now). I guess we really get our moneys worth out of the clothes we buy our girls. I miss you Bek!

Kelly said...

OH MY GOSH!! EMMS IS LIKE 10 TIMES BIGGER THAN EVEN A FEW WEEKS AGO!! She HAD to have hit a little growth spurt! Wow, I cant wait to see all of you this week end. Happy Mothers Day and Happy birthday Rog all in one weekend! Good times to come! Oh and PS. I know the feeling of student loans and weird schedules .... we are enjoying every "stage" as well. Isnt that life though? Enjoying everything instead of looking forward to the next "stage". We are trying to be better at that... we are far from perfect. We love you

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Emmy is SO dang cute! Miss you guys--good luck Dan!

derrick said...

we need to have the girls go swimming together. Remember all the good times we spent in that pool (Little Mermaid..haha)?

nannybent1 said...

She is one cutie pie and I really miss being close. Maybe one day..
Wish you the best Dan in your finals and Bekah with work.
Love you always,
Nanny

Celeste said...

She never ceases to crack me up in her Mardi Gras beads. I love that Emmy girl.

Thanks for coming to the mall and lunch with me today! I love getting together and you know I can't buy anything without a second opinion...

Peter Lee Family said...

Emmy is so cute. Can't believe she is 17 months-one more till she joins us in nursery. You have a cute family.

Kathi said...

Bekah, she is so dang cute! Maybe Emmy and Ryker can get together and try heels on :) You have such a good attitude about life, it is true, you just have to enjoy every phase of life.

Dannenbergs said...

Cute pictures. I love that swimming suit. I can't believe it still fits her.

Lisa said...

Emmy is such a dollface!!! I love all the new pictures! Jayni loves shoes too, and tries on any pair she finds. Such a fun age!!

Amber said...

Those pictures and the suit: both adorable! And it is refreshing to hear about someone relishing all the stages of their lives. You will truly look back on the "poor student" times and miss them believe it or not! Funny thing though, even after Mark was done with school and landed a good job with a good income, we still seem to have no money. I guess the more you make the more you spend! :)

The Taylors said...

Ok, so we really need to get our babies together to swim! Please call me next time you go - I wanna come! (I just invited myself, didn't I...) Emmy is so adorable, love the swimsuit and matching hat - too cute!

Anonymous said...

How in the world do you get Emmy to sit still to paint her toenails? I think if I did that to Anastasia there would be red paint all over the room. Amazing!

Hang in there, when you get older you get stuck on being responsible for stuff; aka you get promoted then all of a sudden you are stupidvising people, or you are dragged into a million meetings that have nothing to do with you, and then you can't stay up late anymore because you will have a foggy head all the rest of the next day at work!

One thing having a child has taught me is about the wonder of little things. Like we passed by a vintage movie theater the other afternoon with a large old-fashioned sign scrolling movie titles across it. I was stuck in front of it in traffic and all of a sudden I heard a little "Wow!" from the back seat - she was totally enthralled with that sign !...Or the caterpillars which have invaded at the park. Or the flowers in a simple pot outside our door. Everything is amazing to her, and now it is to me, too.

Bonnie said...

Those are adorable pictures. Emmy is so cute!! Disney world? How fun! Sadie loves Handy Manny too.