Friday, July 11, 2008

Oceanside, CA

My family has always been a bit of beach bums. When I was growing up, we would travel to Southern California every summer to spend time on the beach and visiting family. As a kid, I could spend all day everyday on the beach! For this year, our family vacation was on the beach! It was great! We stayed in a six bedroom, six bathroom house in Oceanside, CA pretty much almost on the beach. The only thing between us and the beach was a street and one row of houses. It was perfect for having little kids, cause the house was a very short walk from the shore, so nap time and meals were easy to keep up with.






While we were there in Oceanside, we also did a few really fun things. A weenie roast on the beach in a fire pit! Complete with smoress (or schmores :))







We went to Legoland. Brandt driving a car









Emmy sleeping



Emmy riding a Lego camel! Not the smoothest back for a camel, she didn't want to sit on him very long!







Dan was amazed at all the things they built out of legos (yes those really are all legos!), I think he could probably do that and have fun at it!






Celeste was in wheelchair! Here is a picture of her loving Dad pushing her wheelchair!






We also went to Torrey Pines and took family pictures. I haven't gotten a copy of the pictures taken by the rest of my family, but here are some shots Dan got with our crappy camera.




Roger and Kelly


This view was spectacular! Our crappy camera doesn't do it justice!


Our little family. - (the one shot I got from Celeste's blog, she took such great pictures!)




We had such a fun vacation! Thanks Mom & Dad Bentley! It was a perfect trip!


6 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm jelous again! Looks like tons of fun and much better weather than home. You guys have had a summer full of family fun!

LUNCH SOON?!!!

Amber said...

Oh I LOVE the ocean. Sooo jealous! I'm glad you guys got to take a break and had what looks like and awesome vacation!

Kathi said...

You look so cute in your fam pictures! How fun for all of your family to be together AND at the beach...jealous, I haven't been to SD in a while and want to go so bad. You are welcome to come and visit anytime you want! I love company and there is great hiking :) (maybe we could talk Summer into coming too :)

Kelly said...

what a wonderful pic you got of us...

am i pooping?

Celeste said...

Yay for family vacations! THat vacation went by waaay too fast. Thanks again for all of your guys help while we move and while I'm useless. Love you guys.

Lisa said...

Awesome!! Looks like you guys had such an amazing time! I want to make it to the beach, and soon!