Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lately

Emmy just keeps getting more and more talkative. Today we had the following conversation:

Em: Mommy, you still have that baby in your tummy?
Me: Yep, she's still there.
Em: You sure its just one baby, or two? Huh?
Me: It's just one.
Em: Oh, you sure?
Me: I'm sure.
Em: Does the baby cost fifty dollars, hmm?
Me: (long pause) Ummm, no the baby is ours.
Em: Oh. Good.

During the long pause I was thinking "babies really cost much more than fifty dollars, but Emmy won't understand that. Should I tell her we have to pay the doctor to deliver the baby? No, she might grow up thinking you really buy babies. Hmmm, reality or lie? I guess its the truth that she's ours, yeah, that's what I'll tell her."

Seriously, where does she get this stuff. Fifty dollars? Don't know where that figure came from.

The pregnancy is not the best for this time of year. I am grateful we have a spell of double digits in the middle of June. That really is helping. And I'm double grateful that I caught the flu during that spell of double digits. Yeah, the flu at this stage of pregnancy is not so much fun. I couldn't even keep down water. All I kept thinking is "I hope this dehydration doesn't throw me into labor cause my OB is out of the country!" Luckily all is well and thanks to a great priesthood blessing by my hubby, I had just the 24 hour type of flu. Glad that is over!!!

Otherwise, I am just working and sleeping pretty much. Dan has been great, staying home with Emmy for the few hours I'm at summer camp, and doing the dishes after dinner! It is great to have a helpful husband when I'm this busy, this pregnant, and therefore this useless. :)

9 comments:

Kathi said...

How much longer??? I'm so glad that I had Ella is Show Low, couldn't imagine going thru a whole summer prego.

the Gardners said...

Hey Girl! Isn't it so fun when they come up with those fun conversations!?! Tyrus has just started that, too. And I am too grateful for the double digit weather. It makes readjusting to AZ heat easier! Where are you guys at in AZ? Where are you working? Email me.. muechelle @ hotmail.com I would love to hear more details and get caught up now that I'm actually back!!!

Kelly said...

hahahahaa

I am glad your feeling better. I am glad we got to see you.. even if it was for only a few hours.

Bonnie said...

You need to post some pics of you. I bet you look way cute. (But I am almost positive that you don't feel cute!) :)

nannybent1 said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Love you all. Give Emmy and Dan a hug and kiss from me...
Oh and one for you and the baby too. Miss you. Love always, Nanny

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you got sick, that sounded awful!!!

The Taylors said...

What, your baby is going to cost more than $50? Emmy is such a cutie! Can't wait to see that new baby girl!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Hope you and Dan are feeling better. We miss Emms and hope everything goes super for #2. Okay, we miss you and Dan too!

Jen Ketcher said...

Glad you're feeling better now! I can't wait to see photos of the new little one. When is she due again?