Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl


I think all children have a special relationship with their Daddy. This is especially true for Emmy and Dan! I can remember my Daddy when I was a little girl being so much fun, coming home from work and playing games with us. I remember my Dad inventing a game called the Tickle Monster. He would lie on the floor and pretend to sleep, and all us kids would sit on the couch. If any of us dared to leave the safety of the couch and get too close, he would wake up and tickle us until we got away. I remember that game being so much fun for all four of the kids in my family. Really my Dad was probably just tired, and this game helped him get a little rest!
Dan and Emmy have invented so many games, just like I remember my Dad doing when I was little. As soon as Emmy hears Daddy at the door, she looks at me and says "Daddy find you". Then she runs off to hide in one of the bedrooms, and waits for Daddy to come find her! She loves to 'hide' - even though she still thinks just cause she can't see Daddy he can't see her! They have made up countless games - panda bear, Emmy sandwich, puppies, etc. Dan's creativity amazes me. How he can go to school all day long, not to mention ride the bus system there and back, and still comes home and loves to play with Emmy is something I admire in him.

Although kids typically cry for Mommy when they get hurt, are hungry, need a diaper change, or are tired --- Daddy's have the best job and develop a unique relationship through love and play time!!!

7 comments:

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

What sweet pictures! It is so true, the daddy daughter relationship! Mommies will always be there, but the daddies have such a special place in a daughter's heart. I know that to be true with me and my dad, and of course with Eric and our girls!

Dannenbergs said...

Such cute pictures of Emmy and Daddy. Congrats on the interest in the potty. I hope it lasts.

Jen Ketcher said...

I love those photos, Beks! What a sweet thing it is to have a husband who seems to adore his girl as much as yours does.

Amber said...

I did not have a special relationship with my father, so during the whole dating process, gauging their future daddy potential was high on my list. Mark has not let me down. He adores his girls and they reciprocate! It doesn't surprise me that Dan is a great dad. Great guys usually become them! Those pictures of the 2 of them are priceless!

Shelly said...

Very cute Pictures! I don't know Dan but Emmy is such a sweetie, I am glad that she has been blessed with a great Daddy. It is fun to watch them grow and develope relationships!

Bonnie said...

Those are way cute pictures!! It is so true about the relationship with their daddy's. I love it! Emmy is so pretty!!

derrick said...

Isn't it so cute to see your husband absolutely love your little girl and vise versa? Love the pictures especially the fact you have chacos on