Saturday, February 16, 2008

Family update!!! So exciting!


I thought I might write for a change and give a little update about the happenings on the Arizona Dannenbergs.

Bekah, and Emmy are currently under the weather and using up the worlds supply of tissue paper. Emmy is in good spirits even though shes not feeling well, she still runs around laughing and dancing everywhere. She's dang cute kid. Bekah has been slowly getting sick for the last week I think, and doesnt seem to be getting better. I try to help when I am home with tissue runs, diaper changes and good old fashioned moral support. I hope they get better soon, I like my girls feeling better.

As for me, I have had a long and rough semester so far. I find it extremely hard to be in school at my age. I enjoy the material I am learning (I am a Visual Communication major at ASU (Graphic Design essentialy)) and I find it extremely challenging, which I like. The first year is sort of a boot camp for designers and the department gives you crazy projects to work on in studio. I make everything by hand, no computers right now, so I can develop a good eye for arrangement, patterns, hue, contrast, etc... The projects are extremely patience testing, but worth it. This upcoming week I will apply to the design departments upper division in hopes to further study graphic design more in depth. Only 44 out of 150 get in, so keep your fingers crossed!

In other news the picture above is a picture of my best friend at school, my beloved mac book whom I cherish so much. (I thought he needed a good shout out!) We go everywhere together!!! We play at home, ride the bus to and from school, and he even follows me around to all my classes. A very dedicated friend, unlike those blasted PC's at home. So kudos and bravo mac book for lovin up my school life. Kudos to your cousin the iPod for the good tunes, because without you, I would have to be involved with more conversations with the wackos on the bus about time traveling goats. (this has happened!)

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I don't know if I've heard that story about the time traveling goats yet. I could never ride the bus like you guys do. I would last maybe a day.

CathiWix said...

Please write and tell us about the time travelling goats. That would be the coolest blog post ever.

Maybe Bekah should just get on the bus with Emmy one day when she is bored...I think your next design project should be a piece about time travelling goats.

Reminds me, I've never read the book by Madeline L'engel about time travel. Maybe I'll order a hard copy of it to keep in my library...who knows!

Would trade you for sleep right now...Anastasia is getting her molars and they really hurt. According to others it takes about one month and we are almost done, but she is waking up 3 times nightly. usually I have to get up 2/3 times...so fun.

Have a great day. I'm going to update my blog now, too.

Love, Cathi Wixson